Latest improvements for CLC Assembly Cell
CLC Assembly Cell 5.0.2
Release date: 2016-12-08
- The maximum memory requirement for read mapper index building has been decreased from three quarters to half of the physical memory.
- Minor improvements to alignment quality of read mapping.
- Fixed an issue where the distance between paired reads could be miscalculated after read mapping if one of the two reads had an unaligned end. This lead to some pairs erroneously being marked as broken.
- Read mapper index building now takes account of the --cpus parameter.
- Cas file output from read mapping now sequence circularity correctly.
- Default values in the usage information for the clc_assembler_long parameters minimum contig length, minimum word coverage and minimum anchor length have been corrected.
- Random sampling between equally scoring alignments produced by read mapping has been changed to better mimic the behaviour in Assembly Cell 4.4.
CLC Assembly Cell 5.0.1
Release date: 2016-07-21
- Fixed a bug in the clc_correct_pacbio_reads tool that caused the tool to crash when run on a machine without SSE3 support.
- Fixed a very rare bug in the clc_mapper tool that sometimes caused mapping positions to be reported multiple times.
- Fixed a bug in the clc_cell_licutil licensing tool that caused the evaluation licenses generated by the tool to be invalid for the current version of CLC Assembly Cell.
CLC Assembly Cell 5.0
Release date: 2016-06-01
- clc_correct_pacbio_reads: correct PacBio reads as a preprocessing step before assembling them.
- clc_assembler_long: de novo assemble PacBio reads that have already been corrected using for example clc_correct_pacbio_reads.
- clc_mapper: This update
- Will greatly improve read mapping quality with long reads (PacBio or Oxford Nanopore).
- Will return the same read mappings as before with short reads (Illumina and ion torrent) except from a few minor bugs that have been fixed.
- Will improve read mappings with longer reads (454) slightly.
- Allows the user to set the match score with the new --matchscore parameter.
- clc_find_variants: has been deprecated and replaced by clc_extract_consensus since CLC Assembly Cell version 4.2.
- Fixed a bug that caused adapters to only be searched in the forward direction when specified for only odd-numbered or only even-numbered reads.
- Fixed a bug that messed up quality scores when reading from two interleaving paired files.
- Two consecutive mismatches in the MD field of SAM/BAM files produced by clc_cas_to_sam are now separated by a "0", which they should be according to the SAM format specification.
- Fixed a bug in clc_cas_to_sam that caused soft clipped ends to be included in the count for the NM field in SAM/BAM files produced by the tool.
- Fixed a bug that caused the license check to fail on Mac OS X 10.11.3 and higher.
- Fixed a bug that made the clc_assembler tool fail when the "--interleave" option was used.
- Fixed a bug in the clc_extract_consensus that caused the tool to not recognize the option "-r unknown".
© QIAGEN 2017. All rights reserved - Trademarks & Disclaimers